New MRI unit, MAGNETOM Espree
Total MD is pleased to announce the exciting details of the new upgraded MRI unit coming soon to our Forest Hill Blvd. location. This new MRI comes with a 70 cm bore, offering a more comfortable experience for patients— especially larger individuals, children, and those prone to claustrophobia. This next‐generation MRI helps reduce exam time and the improved patient comfort features result in a cooler, quieter experience while delivering both uncompromised image quality and high productivity. The Magnetom Espree 1.5 Tesla field strength is the industry’s best‐known and most‐widely used. Its bore diameter and field of view make MR scans accessible to more patients who need them.
- 70 cm Open Bore
- Feet-first exams for nearly all MRI procedures
- 60% of the examinations with head outside the gantry
- Obese patients up to 250 kg or 550 lbs
- Shorter scan times
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) is an MRI-based neuroimaging technique which makes it possible to estimate the location, orientation, and anisotropy of the brain’s white matter tracts.
In addition, we will now be able to perform a variety of exams such as;
- Breast Scans
- Magnetic Resonance Venography (MRV)
- Cardiac MRI